GRADUATE ENGINEER (2 POSITIONS)
MHB Consultants are looking to recruit two graduate engineers, one to work in our bridges department and one in our civil/ geotechnical department.
The ideal candidates will be degree qualified in civil or structural engineering, and be looking for an opportunity for career progression and technical development.
The jobs will require dynamic and motivated individuals who are technically capable as well as good communicators. Some relevant work experience would be an advantage, however 2017 graduates are encouraged to apply. It would also be beneficial for applicants to have a knowledge of Autocad, general design software and MS Office.
The job will principally involve the following tasks:
- Design and/or assessment calculations
- Undertake structural analysis and modelling, using computer modelling software where appropriate
- Liaison with third party suppliers such as statutory bodies for consents and approvals
- Preparing technical reports
Degree qualified in Civil or Structural Engineering
Clean driving licence
Annual discretionary bonus
21 days annual leave + 8 public holidays
ABOUT THE COMPANY
MHB Consultants was established in 2006. Currently has 16 full time staff based in Glasgow. Workload is 70% design work in the rail industry with the balance in transportation, energy, heavy civil engineering and structural sectors. Company aim is provide hands-on high quality design work.
WHY CONSIDER THIS JOB
- Company has a “can-do” attitude
- A chance to develop technical and managerial capabilities at a growing company
- First class career development opportunities on technically challenging projects
- ICE approved graduate training scheme