CAD Technician - York/Glasgow
Due to the continued growth of our team across the UK, MHB is recruiting a CAD Technician to support the delivery of our projects.
With current restrictions it is likely that this role will be predominantly home based for the first part of 2021, although some visits to our offices may be required. Going forward it is envisaged that this role will be office based with some home working allowed, in line with our policies and operational requirements.
The successful candidate:
• Highly Proficient in the use of Microstation software (2D & 3D) and OpenBuildings designer (AECOsim) and AutoCAD
• Rail experience
• A minimum of 5 years experience working in a civil engineering consultancy
• A good knowledge of CAD production standards
• Ability to work from engineers sketches and drawings
• Ability to produce accurate and structured drawings suitable for final issue and construction
• A good communicator who will discuss and resolve technical issues with design engineers
• Experience of steelworks and reinforced concrete detailing
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Knowledge of BIM will be an advantage but not essential
• Experience of assisting with developing junior CAD technicians
• HNC qualification or similar
• Competitive salary
• Paid Overtime
• Annual discretionary bonus
• 21 days annual leave + 8 public holidays (flexibility taken)
• Company Pension Scheme
Why Consider This Role
Company has a “can do” attitude.
A chance to prove yourself at a growing company.
MHB Consultants was established in 2007. Currently has 45 staff based in three offices (Glasgow, Edinburgh and York). Workload is 70% design work in the rail industry with the balance in transportation, energy, heavy civil engineering and structural sectors. Company aim is provide hands on high quality design work. MHB became an Employee Owned company in July 2020, as an employee owned business MHB is always looking for capable and self-motivated team members who want to join a successful business and share in our future success.
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.