Due to the continued growth of our team across the UK, MHB is recruiting a Topographical Surveyor to support the delivery of our projects.
With current restrictions it is likely that this role will be predominantly home based for the first part of 2021, although some visits to our offices may be required. Going forward it is envisaged that this role will be office based with some home working allowed, in line with our policies and operational requirements.
This will predominantly be a site based role, however there is a degree of office based activity which will either be based in the Glasgow or Edinburgh office depending on the candidate. Survey work will cover Scotland and other UK locations as required.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role (or be degree qualified in a relevant discipline) and be looking for an opportunity for career progression and technical development. The job will require a dynamic and motivated individual who is technically capable as well as a good communicator. Previous survey experience on the operational railway would be an advantage.
Working closely with the Geomatics Manager to ensure planning/programming is adhered to.
- Implementing instruction and direction from the Geomatics Manager and Project Manager.
- Field survey and data collection using:
- Total Stations
- GPS – VRS, PPK and Static
- Laser Scanning
- Gedo and similar
- Data processing of both Total Station and GPS
- Processing Point Cloud Data
- Producing final deliverables
- Instructing Junior/Assistant Surveyors
- Maintaining survey equipment
Successful candidate will have/be:
- Prepared to work night shifts
- Rail experience would be an advantage
- An eye for detail
- Good organisation and task management skills
- Good communication and relationship building skills
- Diligence on site
- Valid PTS card would be an advantage but not essential
- Valid CSCS card would be an advantage but not essential
- Degree qualified or 2+ years’ experience
- Clean driving licence
- Competitive salary (37.5hrs/week)
- Paid Overtime
- Profit related bonus scheme
- 29 days annual leave (which includes 8 days public holiday)
- Company Pension Scheme
Why Consider This Role
- Company has a “can do” attitude
- A chance to develop technical and managerial capabilities at a growing company
- First class career development opportunities on technically challenging projects
- CICES membership mentoring
MHB Consultants was established in 2007. Currently has 45 staff based in three offices (Glasgow, Edinburgh and York). Workload is 70% design work in the rail industry with the balance in transportation, energy, heavy civil engineering and structural sectors. Company aim is to provide hands on high quality design work. MHB became an Employee Owned company in July 2020, as an employee owned business MHB is always looking for capable and self-motivated team members who want to join a successful business and share in our future success.
To apply please email your details to email@example.com.