MHB became an Employee Owned company in July 2020, as an employee owned business MHB is always looking for capable and self-motivated team members who want to join a successful business and are keen to shape the business and share in our future success.
We are currently looking to recruit a CAD Technician to support our three offices across Glasgow, Edinburgh and York. A variety of levels will be considered, we are open minded.
With current restrictions it is likely that this role might be home based for a short time, although some visits to our offices may be required. Going forward it is envisaged that this role will be office based with some home working allowed, in line with our policies and operational requirements.
The position can be based at any of our office locations.
The successful candidate
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in a civil engineering consultancy
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD software
- A good knowledge of CAD production standards
- Ability to work from engineers sketches and drawings
- Ability to produce accurate and structured drawings suitable for final issue and construction
- A good communicator who will discuss and resolve technical issues with design engineers
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Knowledge of BIM
- Knowledge of Civils 3D
- Rail experience
- Experience of reinforced concrete detailing
- HNC qualification or similar
- Competitive salary
- Paid overtime
- Annual profit related bonus
- 29 days’ annual leave (includes 8 Bank Holidays flexibly taken), with an option to purchase additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Group life insurance
- Private healthcare option
Why Consider This Role
- Company has a “can do” attitude.
- Continuous training and development
- A chance to prove yourself at a growing EO company
MHB Consultants was established in 2006 and currently has 49 staff based in three offices (Glasgow, Edinburgh and York). Workload is 70% design work in the rail industry with the balance in transportation, energy, heavy civil engineering and structural sectors. Company aim is provide hands on high quality design work. MHB became an Employee Owned company in July 2020, as an employee owned business MHB is always looking for capable and self-motivated team members who want to join a successful business and share in our future success.
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have put a closing date on the job advert but we will be actively reviewing applications during that period.