Senior CAD Technician – York
To help with the continued growth of the York Office, MHB Consultants is delighted to announce the opening for the position of a Senior CAD Technician. The successful candidate will become part of a dynamic and forward-thinking business that aims to develop pragmatic solutions that save money for our clients.
As an employee-owned business, MHB Consultants are passionate about ensuring that all employees share in the success of the company. As co-owners of the business, they are entitled to receive a share of the firms operating profit each year.
The role will encompass the production of CAD drawings to support in the delivery of engineering projects. The current workload is predominantly within the rail sector comprising a variety of general civils, bridges, earthwork, geotechnical and temporary works designs. Railway experience is preferred but a strong civils background will also be considered.
The ideal candidate:
- Experience in the production of 2D Microstation and knowledge of Network Rail CAD production standards (will consider an ideal candidate that predominantly works in AutoCAD but has Microstation experience)
- Rail experience (strong preference but not essential)
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in civil / structural engineering
- A good communicator who will discuss and resolve technical issues with design engineers
- Experience of steelworks and reinforced concrete detailing
- Ability to work to deadlines
- 3D Microstation software / OpenBuildings designer (AECOsim)
- Knowledge of BIM will be an advantage but not essential
- Projectwise Experience
- Revit / Recap experience
- Experience assisting in the developing junior CAD technicians
- HNC qualification or similar
- Salary is subject to experience and up £40,000 per annum
- Annual bonus (first £3600 tax free)
- 30 days’ annual leave (includes 8 Bank Holidays flexibly taken), with an option to purchase additional 5 days annual leave
- Company Group pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Health Insurance
About the Company
MHB Consultants was established in 2006 and currently has 50 staff based in four offices (Glasgow, Edinburgh, York and London). Workload is 70% design work in the rail industry with the balance in transportation, energy, heavy civil engineering and structural sectors. Our company aim is to provide practical solutions to save money for our clients.
MHB became an Employee Owned company in July 2020, as an employee owned business MHB is always looking for capable and self-motivated team members who want to join a successful business and share in our future success.
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.