Graduate Assistant Land Surveyor
To help with the continued growth of the Glasgow Office, MHB Consultants is delighted to announce the opening for the position of Assistant Land Surveyor. The successful candidate will become part of a dynamic and forward-thinking business that aims to develop pragmatic solutions that save money for our clients.
As an employee-owned business, MHB Consultants are passionate about ensuring that all employees share in the success of the company. As co-owners of the business, they are entitled to receive a share of the firms operating profit each year.
The ideal candidate will either be degree qualified or have 2-3 years of relevant practical experience and be looking for an opportunity for career progression and technical development. The role will be based in the Glasgow office with frequent travel throughout the UK to cover work for our other office locations (Edinburgh, York and Croydon).
The job will require a dynamic and motivated individual who is technically capable as well as a good communicator. Some relevant work experience would be an advantage, however 2022 graduates are also encouraged to apply. Rail experience would be an advantage but not essential.
As a land surveyor, you will be responsible for carrying out the review of land using technical equipment to ensure it is suitable for any required works on a project to take place.
The job role of a land surveyor involves the following duties:
The job will principally involve the following tasks:
- Carrying out surveys for in-house projects & to aid clients in the design works required for each project.
- Maintaining survey equipment ensuring calibration requirements are upheld.
- Working in diverse sectors, such as construction, property, railway, civil engineering, geotechnics, drainage, land quality and more.
- Learning and developing within all aspects of MHB’s departments.
- Managing and monitoring projects from start to finish.
- Producing drawings in survey processing software using, Total Stations, GPS, Laser Scanners, Utility mapping kit.
- Preparing administration documents.
- Analysing data using geographic information systems (GIS) and drawing charts using computer-aided design (CAD).
- Writing reports and sharing crucial information with colleagues and clients.
- Working in an office, with regular site visits.
- Day & Night shift working.
- Working away from home.
Additional skills which may benefit anyone considering a job as a land surveyor include:
- Recently Graduated or experienced Assistant Surveyors.
- Knowledge of engineering science, maths, geography, and technology.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- Able to use your initiative.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Able to use a computer and the main software packages competently.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual profit related bonus (up to £3600 tax free)
- Total 30 days annual leave (inclusive of 8 days public holidays) with an option to purchase an additional 5 days)
- Continuous training and development
- Company Group pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
Why consider this role
- Company has a “can do” attitude
- A chance to develop technical skills and for career progression at a growing company
- First class career development opportunities on technically challenging projects
- Competitive salary with overtime
- Working under a highly experienced senior team
- Training and further education
About the Company
MHB Consultants was established in 2006 and currently has 50 staff based in four offices (Glasgow, Edinburgh, York and London). Workload is 70% design work in the rail industry with the balance in transportation, energy, heavy civil engineering and structural sectors. Our company aim is to provide practical solutions to save money for our clients.
MHB became an Employee Owned company in July 2020, as an employee owned business MHB is always looking for capable and self-motivated team members who want to join a successful business and share in our future success.
To apply please email your details to email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter.