Graduate Civil/Structural Engineer – Croydon, London
To help with the continued growth of the London Office, MHB Consultants is delighted to announce the opening for the position of Graduate Engineer for our Civils department. The successful candidate will become part of a dynamic and forward-thinking business that aims to develop pragmatic solutions that save money for our clients.
As an employee-owned business, MHB Consultants is passionate about ensuring that all employees share in the success of the company. As co-owners of the business, they are entitled to receive a share of the firms operating profit each year.
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified in civil or structural engineering and be looking for an opportunity for career progression and technical development.
The job will require a dynamic and motivated individual who is technically capable as well as a good communicator. Some relevant work experience would be an advantage, however 2022 graduates are also encouraged to apply. It would also be beneficial for applicants to have a knowledge of AutoCAD, general design software and MS Office. Rail experience would be an advantage but not essential.
The job will principally involve the following tasks:
- Preparing technical reports.
- Design and/or assessment calculations.
- Preparing engineering sketches and drawings.
- Structural analysis and modelling, using computer modelling software where appropriate.
- Liaison with third-party suppliers such as statutory bodies for consents and approvals.
- Experience of some of the following structures - stations & buildings, bridges, tunnels, geotechnical, and design using various materials, eg - concrete, steel, timber, masonry.
- Consideration of Health, Safety and Welfare, and Sustainability best practice.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual profit related bonus (up to £3600 tax free)
- Total 30 days annual leave (inclusive of 8 days public holidays) with an option to purchase an additional 5 days)
- Continuous training and development
- Company Group pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
Why consider this role
- Company has a “can do” attitude.
- A chance to develop technical skills and for career progression at a growing company.
- First class career development opportunities on technically challenging projects.
- ICE approved graduate training scheme.
About the Company
MHB Consultants is a civil engineering design consultancy established in 2006. We currently have over 50 full time members of staff and have offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh, York and London.
Workload is 70% design work in the rail industry with the balance in transportation, energy, heavy civil engineering and structural sectors. Our clients are building contractors, local authorities, transportation agencies and private clients.
MHB became an Employee Owned company in July 2020, as an employee owned business MHB is always looking for capable and self-motivated team members who want to join a successful business and share in our future success.
Our company aim is to provide practical solutions to save money for our clients.
To apply please email your details to email@example.com.
Early applications are recommended and we reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date.