Assistant CAD Technician Bridges - Edinburgh
To help with the continued growth of our Edinburgh office, MHB Consultants is delighted to announce the opening for the position of an Assistant CAD Technician to work within our Bridges team. The successful candidate will become part of a dynamic and forward-thinking business that aims to develop pragmatic solutions that save money for our clients.
As an employee-owned business, MHB Consultants is passionate about ensuring that all employees share in the success of the company. As co-owners of the business, they are entitled to receive a share of the firms operating profit each year.
The role will encompass the production of CAD drawings to support in the delivery of engineering projects. The current workload is predominantly within the rail sector comprising a variety of general civils, bridges, earthwork, geotechnical and temporary works designs.
The ideal candidate:
- Use of AutoCAD software, knowledge of blocks, layering and 2D drafting
- Some experience / knowledge working with 3D data Topographical Surveys
- Attention to detail
- Have the ability to work as part of a dedicated team
- Be self motivated, diligent and have good time management skills
- Good numeracy and computer skills
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Knowledge of engineering principles / construction methods
- Knowledge of BIM an advantage but not essential
- HNC qualification or similar, or working towards the same
- Career progression, Staff grading and Profession Development Plan
- Annual bonus
- 30 days’ annual leave (includes 8 Bank Holidays flexibly taken), with an option to purchase additional 5 days annual leave
- Company Group pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Health Insurance
About the Company
MHB Consultants was established in 2006 and currently has 50 staff based in four offices (Glasgow, Edinburgh, York and London). Workload is 70% design work in the rail industry with the balance in transportation, energy, heavy civil engineering and structural sectors. Our company aim is to provide practical solutions to save money for our clients.
MHB became an Employee Owned company in July 2020, as an employee owned business MHB is always looking for capable and self-motivated team members who want to join a successful business and share in our future success.
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.