Principal Bridges Engineer – Glasgow
The candidate for this role should be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience in a design environment.
- Experience in undertaking the role of CRE Bridge refurbishment/renewals in a range of structural types and materials
- A desire for career progression within a growing, employee-owned company.
- An engineering degree and be a Chartered Engineer – ICE, IStructE;
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Experience of some of the following structures - bridges, tunnels, stations & buildings, geotechnical structures, and design using various materials, eg - concrete, steel, timber, masonry
- Project management experience including project scoping, coordinating design activities, contractual and financial management
- Experience of management of teams of up to 2-4 people
- Experience of working on multiple concurrent and multi-discipline commissions
- Experience in representing the company to clients and working with a range of project stakeholders
- An innovative outlook and be looking to use and further develop technical and business skills to match the growing needs of the business
- Work Winning in a Client facing role
Responsibilities will include:
- Development of conceptual and detailed designs in accordance with project requirements
- Checking of design calculations and drawings completed by other engineers
- Structural calculations and analysis using appropriate software packages
- Technical leadership/ input/ review role for design, assessment and other technical aspects.
- Assisting in preparation of fee proposals
- Managing and building relationships with clients, consultants and contractors
- Attending meetings representing MHB and the design team
- On site visits/ structural inspections/ investigations.
- Providing technical support to less experienced staff
- Project management of small and medium sized projects
The successful candidate will report to a designated Director in Glasgow and work closely with discipline heads based in the other MHB offices in Edinburgh, York and Croydon.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual profit related bonus (up to £3600 tax free)
- 21 days’ annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays with an option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Continuous training and development
- Yearly Professional Membership for Chartered Engineers
- Company Group pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Health Care
- Range of additional company benefits
MHB Consultants was established in 2006 and currently has 50 staff based in four offices (Glasgow, Edinburgh, York and London). Workload is 70% design work in the rail industry with the balance in transportation, energy, heavy civil engineering and structural sectors. Our company aim is to provide practical solutions to save money for our clients.
MHB became an Employee-Owned company in July 2020, as an employee-owned business MHB is always looking for capable and self-motivated team members who want to join a successful business and share in our future success.
To apply please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.