Senior Bridges Engineer
How to apply
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, February 24, 2023
MHB Consultants are looking for grow our Bridges department and have exciting new vacancies arise.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A degree in civil or structural engineering and be looking to develop their technical skills and progress their career.
- Between 4 and 8 years’ relevant work experience.
- A desire for career progression within a growing, employee-owned company.
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- It would also be beneficial for applicants to have a knowledge of GSA (or similar modelling software), TEDDS, Autocad, general design software and MS Office.
- Experience working with bridges and design using various materials, e.g. - concrete, steel, timber, masonry
- Preferred but not essential experience working in the rail sector and working on tunnels, stations, buildings or geotechnics.
- Whilst rail experience is an advantage for this role, we would encourage capable engineers with more general bridges/ structures experience to apply as suitable training will be provided.
- Clean driving licence
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and/or assessment calculations to Eurocode and Network Rail standards
- Structural analysis and modelling, using software where appropriate
- Production / Review design drawings, technical reports and specifications
- Mentoring graduate/trainee engineers
- Co-ordinate multi-discipline works with design partners / sub-consultants
- Liaison with third party suppliers such as statutory bodies for consents and approvals
- Involvement with project scoping, coordinating design activities, contractual and financial management
- Competitive Salary
- Annual profit related bonus (up to £3600 tax free due to employee owned status)
- 21 days’ annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays with an option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Continuous training and development
- Yearly Professional Membership paid
- Company pension scheme
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Health Care
- Range of additional company benefits