Due to the continued growth of our team across the UK, MHB is recruiting a Topographical Surveyor to support the delivery of our projects.
The role will be based in Glasgow within the Survey Department although some visits to our other offices may be required. Going forward it is envisaged that this role will be office based with some home working allowed, in line with our policies and operational requirements.
This will predominantly be a site-based role, however there is a degree of office-based activity which will either be based in the Glasgow or Edinburgh office depending on the candidate. Survey work will cover Scotland and other UK locations as required.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role (or be degree qualified in a relevant discipline) and be looking for an opportunity for career progression and technical development. Previous survey experience on the operational railway would be an advantage.
Working closely with the Survey Manager to ensure planning/programming is adhered to.
· Implementing instruction and direction from the Survey Manager and Project Manager.
· Field survey and data collection using:
· Total Stations
· GPS – VRS, PPK and Static
· Laser Scanning
· Height & Stagger Gauge
· Structure Gauging
· Gedo and similar
· GPR & Utility Tracing Equipment
· HyDrone RCV Survey Boat
· Data processing of both Total Station and GPS
· Processing Point Cloud Data
· Producing final deliverables in AutoCAD
· Instructing Junior/Assistant Surveyors
· Maintaining survey equipment
Successful candidate will have/be:
• Prepared to work night shifts
• Prepared to work away from home on occasions
• Be available to work weekends when required.
· Rail experience would be an advantage
· An eye for detail
• Good organisation and task management skills
• Good communication and relationship building skills
• Diligence on site
• Valid PTS card would be an advantage but not essential
• Valid CSCS card would be an advantage but not essential
· 2+ years Post Graduate experience or 3+ years surveying experience.
· Clean driving licence
Competitive salary and subject to experience
Bi-annual bonus (first £3600 tax free)
30 days’ annual leave (includes 8 Bank Holidays flexibly taken), with an option to purchase additional 5 days annual leave
Company Group pension
Group Life Insurance
Private Health Insurance
Cycle to work Scheme
Why Consider This Role
· Company has a “can do” attitude
· A chance to develop technical and managerial capabilities at a growing company
· First class career development opportunities on technically challenging projects
· ZCICES membership mentoring
To apply please email your details to email@example.com