Railway embankment on the East Coast Main Line suffering from continuous deformation. This was earmarked by Network Rail for a massive ground improvement project in the form of jet grouting.
- Our role included:
- Independent review of the site to establish the root cause of the issue.
- Site drainage deficiencies leading to surface water washing into the embankment causing the deformation issues.
- Prepared option study and discussed with Network Rail.
- Our alterative design targeted site drainage improvements.
- This achieved significant cost saving for Network Rail plus safer and quicker project delivery.
Client Story Rail.