MHB have recently completed temporary works designs associated with the £60m revamp of Queen Street Tunnel and Station. Morgan Sindall carried out the construction works in a 20 week shutdown of the station and tunnel over the summer of 2016. The works were successfully completed and the station was re opened and handed back to the client a week ahead of programme
The works carried out by MHB Consultants included:
- Design Checks on Temporary Scaffold to support signal gantry during demolition.
- Design of cut off drainage scheme north of tunnel portal to allow construction in dry conditions.
- Foundation design for Concrete Pumps.
- Checks on capacity of bridges to support construction plant.
- Design of strutted excavations to allow installation of new drainage close to existing walls.