Principal Bridges Engineer
How to apply
Email CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Friday, February 24, 2023
MHB Consultants are looking for grow our Bridges department and have exciting new vacancies arise.
The ideal candidate should have:
- An engineering degree and be a Chartered Engineer – ICE, IStructE;
- A minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience in a design environment.
- Experience in undertaking the role of CRE Bridge refurbishment/renewals in a range of structural types and materials
- A desire for career progression within a growing, employee-owned company.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Experience of some of the following structures - bridges, tunnels, stations & buildings, geotechnical structures, and design using various materials, eg - concrete, steel, timber, masonry
- Project management experience including project scoping, coordinating design activities, contractual and financial management
- Experience of management of teams of up to 2-4 people
- Experience of working on multiple concurrent and multi-discipline commissions
- Experience in representing the company to clients and working with a range of project stakeholders
- An innovative outlook and be looking to use and further develop technical and business skills to match the growing needs of the business
- Work Winning in a Client facing role
- Clean driving licence
Responsibilities will include:
- Development of conceptual and detailed designs in accordance with project requirements
- Checking of design calculations and drawings completed by other engineers
- Structural calculations and analysis using appropriate software packages
- Technical leadership/ input/ review role for design, assessment and other technical aspects.
- Assisting in preparation of fee proposals
- Managing and building relationships with clients, consultants and contractors
- Attending meetings representing MHB and the design team
- On site visits/ structural inspections/ investigations.
- Providing technical support to less experienced staff
- Project management of small and medium sized projects
The successful candidate will report to a designated Director in Glasgow and work closely with discipline heads based in the other MHB offices in Edinburgh, York and Croydon.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual profit related bonus (up to £3600 tax free due to employee owned status)
- 21 days’ annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays with an option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Continuous training and development
- Yearly Professional Membership paid
- Company pension scheme
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Health Care
- Range of additional company benefits